We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Monday, January 12, 2009

T.V.

Derek and I bought a new LCD t.v. and blueray when we got home from Canada, but we just got it to our house on Friday. It is pretty cool and Derek is extremely excited! I like it, but it is HUGE!!! Here's the story:

At the beginning of December, Derek and I went to his Christmas work party and he won a Bose Sound Dock. Derek wanted to keep it (I mean, why wouldn't he?) but I knew that he wanted to get a T.V. so I suggested that he sell it and put it towards money to buy a T.V. At this point, we had already talked about buying one and since they were so expensive, I asked if it was alright that he put a little money aside from all of his paychecks to kind of "save-up" for it. He had agreed so when I told him about selling the sound dock, he was thrilled because then he wouldn't have to save up for so long. Turns out that those sound docks are like $300 and he was able to sell it to one of his friends at work.

Then, we went to Canada for Christmas! There, we got money from Santa in a large sum! So, I told Derek that we could put that money towards a T.V. if he wanted to. Again, he was thrilled! We get home from Canada and pick up our mail. We got a Christmas card from Derek's aunt and uncle but it also had a check for a large sum of money. We read the card and apparently, they forgot to send us our wedding present 18 MONTHS AGO!!! It had been sitting on their desk for the last year and a half. We have about $1000 dollars at this point, all of which was given to us in one form or another. Holy Cow! Derek didn't have to talk me into it long and we went, literally the day we got home from Canada, and bought a T.V.

It's a Sony 42" 1080p LCD T.V. Impressed? I know all about this T.V. because I wasn't about to buy it without having some knowledge on the subject so we spent about 2 hours in Best Buy while I figured it all out with all of the sales people! The story's not over yet! When we get to Best Buy, we find out that the 42" is actually less money than the 37" or the 40" because it happens to be on sale, even though the other T.V.'s of smaller sizes were the exact same T.V. So, again, I was talked into buying that one. But, not only was it on sale, there was also an offer that said we could get $100 off of a Sony blueray. We were sold! We bought the T.V. and blueray and they told us we had to wait a week for it to be shipped from their warehouse. Derek was a little bummed but we did it anyway. On Friday, he went to pick up the items and low and behold, they didn't have any of the bluerays that we ordered at the warehouse so they gave us the more expensive one at no extra charge. Ultimitely, we got a $400 blueray for $200! Derek was stoked.

We set it up in our tiny little apartment and it looks ginormous! It's huge! It looked a lot smaller at Best Buy but that's okay. Derek is so excited and we saved a lot of money doing it that way so I guess I can't complain.

Well, that is my long-winded version of why we have such a humungous T.V. sitting in our living room!

1 comment:

  1. Courtney! LOVED this post! A huge TV seems to be one of a man's right of passage. They just need one to really feel like a man. My hubby was the same way when we finally got our t.v. I will make sure that I don't mention that Derek got a Blue Ray before him. . . because that has been on his wishlist for a couple of years!!

    ReplyDelete