We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life

I haven't written for awhile but that's because I don't have much to say. Nothing's changed! School is still school. Sometimes I get a little frustrated because this semester's classes are practically the same as last semester's. So, instead of feeling like I had a wonderful 2 week break and I'm starting a new semester and I am only 3 weeks in, I feel like I have had no break and I'm working on week 20! I don't know; it's a strange feeling. I just keep looking forward to March when it truly feels like my semester is over because I'll be teaching all day! YAY!

I just registered for the Praxis test and I'm taking it on March 14th. I have to pass if I am going to graduate and get a license so it's kind of a big deal, but I'm not worried about it too much. If I just study, I should be fine.

I've been feeling really torn lately. I really want to be a mom, but I also really want to be a teacher. I know that I can be both, but I feel like if I want to do my best at either one, then I would have to choose. For me, the choice is pretty obvious, but sometimes I just want to be that career woman who puts her life and soul into (for my case) her students and her teaching. I really want to be a teacher but I don't think I would be as committed, and therefore as good of a teacher if I was worrying about leaving my kids at home to be raised by someone else. Being a good mom is more important to me than being a good school teacher (because I am going to be teaching my kids, right?) but I still have a desire to be good at both and to know how to juggle millions of responsibilities with perfection.

Well, that's life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment