We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Practicum Assignment

I got my practicum assignment today, and I will be in a 4th grade classroom at Bonneville Elementary school. So, in case you don't know what the practicum is, I'll tell you.

Last semester and this semester are called my "cohort" semesters. That just means that I am with the same people for every class both semesters and we are all assigned to work in schools in the same district. Last semester, during November, and this semester during March, I am in the schools, all day every day! All of my classes get canceled at BYU and all I get to do is teach! Last semester we worked in lower grades and I was in a first grade classroom. As much as I loved my experience, I am much more excited for 4th graders! I like the older grades better and even though I don't have as much experience with them, I think that I am better at teaching them than younger students.

I am just really excited to apply what I know. Sometimes, I feel like school is (for the most part) a waste of time. I feel like the real learning comes from the experience! That's why I'm glad that I get two months out of the year to be in the schools all day, but I still wish for more! I'm just really excited, that's all! March is going to be a fun month for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment