We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Internship

So, I started my application for my internship and it won't be that bad. I will have plenty of time to finish it and polish it before it's due next Thursday. As I have been working on it though, I have realized how terrified I am to teach in 7 months. I don't think that there is anything I can do to prepare well enough for my first year of teaching and for someone like me, that is incredibly frightening. I think that I will be okay teaching, but it is weird things that scare me. It's the first day of school: what do I do with them? How do I teach them all of the routines and procedures that will be expected of them without boring them half to death? How do I make that first day fun so they want to come back but still be in control so they don't think that they can walk all over me the whole year? And planning, that's a big issue: How do I plan a whole day, week, month and year? How do I plan well enough that everything builds on previous lessons?

I think that the main thing that I'm struggling with, however, is that I don't feel like I can be the teacher that all of my professors talk about. Those teachers sound so amazing and I'm not there yet! I know that no one expects me to be this first year, but being the perfectionist that I am, I really want to be!

To be honest, I really think that the wait is more frustrating and makes me more anxious than anything else. I'm sure once I'm doing it, it will all become more natural and I won't have to worry about all those small things. I just have to wait until then to see if I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment