We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween

Sam's first Halloween!  It was so much fun to dress her up and take her "trick-or-treating" even though she had no idea what was going on and couldn't eat any candy!

We had a relaxed morning and then went to lunch with my good friend Krista.  She was happy throughout, even though they didn't have high chairs at this restaurant.  Who doesn't have high chairs?  Even at a really nice steakhouse downtown they had high chairs, and I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to make it kid-friendly there...anyway, that's my vent.

We went home, took a nap...well kind of.  I fought with Samantha to take a nap for about an hour.  She just screamed and cried all in the middle of yawning, rubbing her eyes, etc.  She was tired and wouldn't sleep.  So, I strapped her in her carseat (with her full blown costume on) and we left early for our next activity.  She fell asleep within minutes of being in the car so I drove around some more until the very last minute.

Then I got her out of the car and we went trick-or-treating with my friend Megan and her kids at the mall.  Sam didn't actually trick-or-treat, and it was a madhouse in that mall, but it was fun.  And it meant that I didn't have to take Samantha out in the cold for the "experience."

When we got home, grandma and grandpa came over for dinner.  We took lots of pictures, ate dinner and then went to bed like any other night.

I still think she liked it.  I liked that she was a big, fat pumpkin!  Here are the photos I'm sure you'd like to see!




Smiley girl!


Hey mom!


What's Halloween?


Waiting for the trick-or-treaters!


2 pumpkin farmers and their prized pumpkin! (I know Derek and I are lame costumers, but I wanted pictures for a scrapbook, so we HAD to dress up like SOMETHING!  This was creativity at it's finest!) 


So cute!

Hope you all had a fun, safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment