We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Friday, November 9, 2012

A Girl and Her Elephant--10 Months

I love my little girl so much.  She just keeps getting more and more fun.  I can't believe how much joy she brings me and Derek.  Often, we'll sit up at night after she's been in bed and talk about how much we already miss her and she's only been asleep for like 3 hours.  We'll look at pictures or videos of her, we'll talk about all the funny things she did that day and just laugh and laugh.  Even if we aren't the perfect parents, she's got at least one thing going for her: her parents love her to pieces.  She is majorly loved, not just by us either; she's got loads of people spanning 2 countries that adore her to pieces.  She's a lucky girl.  But not quite as lucky as we are to have her!

Here are some elephant pictures:




We had to take Sam in for another doctor's appointment because at her 9 month check-up, she had dropped from the 25th percentile to the 5th.  The doctor said if she dropped below the 5th, she'd be required to send me to a pediatrician.  I wasn't worried because those of you that know Samantha knows that she is constantly moving, and she also eats like crazy.  So, I wasn't worried.  We took her in on Wednesday and she weighed 16 lbs 1 oz.  Gained 9 oz from last month but stayed in the 5th percentile.  She's petite, but 5 percent of babies have to be below the 5th percentile, right?

The biggest milestone Samantha has had can be seen in the previous post.  She took her first step yesterday.  The video wasn't the best time she did it, but it's still evidence that she is growing up faster and faster.  She'll be walking in no time and I can't believe it.

Another cute thing she learned to do is wave with her hand.  She still flaps her arm, but now she opens and closes her hand to wave.  It's super cute!

Sam and I have been going to the gym this month.  She gets to go to the babysitter there.  She's had a bit of a rough time adjusting to being separated from me.  And, they won't let me sit down with her to get her accustomed to the new environment.  So, it's been an adjustment.  She's done great the last few times, but they've had to come and get me other times.  I understand about separation anxiety and my goal in raising Samantha is to raise a well-adjusted individual.  I want her to know how much I love her, how I will always come back for her, but I also want her to be independent.  To be able to play on her own, make friends, and still be happy when I come and pick her up.  So, we've still been going even if I can't get in a workout.

To change the subject, I hate daylight savings.  Ever since it happened, Sam has been waking up more during the night.  I used to get 6 hours uninterrupted (she'd get 10), feed her really quickly and put her back down for another 2-3 hours.  Now I'm getting 3-4, then 3-4, then 3-4.  C'mon baby!  It'll work out, I know.  But sleep is an important part of my life, as it is for all moms, and I really, really, really, want it back.  It's definitely harder when you've had sleep and then it goes back to not as much sleep.  Definitely harder.

Well, here's what I'm sure you were waiting for.  Pictures of Samantha this month!


This is what we call her Hurdler Pose. And, she's in the middle of dancing here!


Love her!


Seriously one of my favorite outfits she's ever worn. 


Cutie pie!


Ready to brave the winter. 


Taking off her mittens.  She never keeps them on!


Her snow suit.  She cannot move in this thing.  It's hilarious!


Ready for the cold with daddy. 


Smiling for the camera. 


I love the way she's looking at him in this one.  She sure does love her daddy!



The following are pictures from a free photo shoot we did with a photographer we'd never met before.  The photographer needed a model for her advertising so Sam got to do it.  It was really fun.  And c'mon, this girl is the cutest thing EVER!  Oh, and I also got 20 free Christmas cards, so if you want one, I'll need your address!





This is the one we chose for the Christmas cards.  She is a living doll!  Love her!


2 comments:

  1. Boo to doctors that scare Moms! She is healthy and happy and awesome. It's good to listen to what doctors say but always remember that you know Sam best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Christmas card!!!! Darling.

    ReplyDelete