We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Thursday, July 7, 2011

We're Big Kids Now!

Um, so, we put an offer down on a house last night. I know, pretty grown up of us. We are REALLY excited about it. We'll be negotiating prices in the next couple of days or so and once we can decide on the deal, it's just all that normal house buying stuff that we have to do before it's ours!!! Yay! We are hoping to get into the house by the beginning of August, if possible. This will mean I will have something to do with my life again: unpack!

Isn't it CUTE?!?!

In other news, I'm seriously considering getting a masters. Yes, I know little baby is coming soon, but I thought it would be a good idea to do before baby comes, take a break once baby comes, and continue again. I could do one of those online programs from up here and it wouldn't affect my Canadian "visitors" status. I thought about doing an education masters, but that doesn't actually sound all that appealing to me right now. I feel like I would want to do an administration specialization to become a principal but there are some things that wouldn't make sense about that: 1) No one would let me be a principal with only 2 years of teaching experience so I would have to teach another 5-10 years before they'd let me. 2) It would make sense to get a masters in education while I was teaching so I would have a place to implement what I'm learning. 3) I don't know when I will go back to teaching so my knowledge might just sit on the shelf for a LONG time.

So instead I was thinking a masters in psychology. Just a general degree, so I wouldn't get licensed to be a counselor or anything but it would be things that I want to learn about. I think it would be knowledge used in many areas of my life, including teaching if/when I go back to that.

I don't know. What do you think? I'm a little worried it might be too much to take on right now, but I'm also afraid that if I don't start now, I never will and it is something that really interests me.

1 comment:

  1. This house looks fantastic! I just read your good news....I am so happy for you guys!! Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete