We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life in Canada...Thus Far

Now fess up women. How come no one told me how large my chest would become this early on in pregnancy? Now don't all go looking at once, but I have grown 2 sizes since little baby has made itself at home in my belly. 2 sizes! (Sorry to all my male family who may not want to read this right now, but seriously? 2 sizes?) Anyway, I just had to go buy a new bra and the lady practically laughed at how small my previous bra was. I practically laughed at the sizes she brought me to try on...until they fit...then I stopped laughing! Anyway, I'm only 15 weeks in and I thought this would happen much, much later on. Who knew?

In other news, we did in fact purchase the house shown in the previous post! We are super excited. We only have 9 days until it's ours. It's weird thinking that I will be living in a house and not an apartment. We are going to have some serious upgrading to do to make this house look furnished. A two bedroom apartment to a 3 story house will require some serious purchases! Plus, with a baby coming, we are going to have to get a lot of new things. Why did we buy a house again? Sounds expensive!

I've been walking 3 miles everyday. I'm still not sure what types of exercise I can be doing right now, but I wanted to make sure I was doing SOMETHING, and now that I'm not so freakishly tired, I thought I'd wake up and take a walk every morning. Quite a good idea, if I do say so myself!

Derek is really enjoying his job; well as much as anyone can enjoy a new job. He's having to learn a lot which means a lot of reading and not a whole lot of doing. He seems to enjoy the people and he comes home speaking in an Irish accent most of the time. (I don't really want to explain this one because it's so much cooler if I just leave it at that, but it's just because he works next to an Irish guy. Told you, not that cool at all!)

He's enjoying working downtown. His dad works 2 buildings down on one end and his sister works 2 buildings down on the other so they get together for lunch when they can. Sometimes, I'm a little jealous! :)

Other than that, I really don't have much else to say. I try to keep busy. I've been reading my book and cross-stitching, but that gets old when you do it EVERYDAY. I don't have a car, but even if I did, I'm not sure where I'd go. Once we move in, I'll have some unpacking to do and some purchasing to do (Awesome!). I'm also going to try and learn to sew one of these days. I might be able to get my hands on a sewing machine soon! Question: how does one learn how to sew without someone showing them how? I could find a class, I'm sure, or I could just look it up on youtube? I don't know, but it's something I'm interested in. Maybe I just feel like I need to be all domestic or something.

Anyway, that's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment