We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Alpine Elementary

Yep, that's right. I have a job next year and it's at Alpine Elementary! 4th grade!

I just got a call about an hour ago from HR saying that I got two job offers (Alpine and Rocky Mountain). She told me that I would have until tomorrow to decide and I asked her if it was alright to call her back tonight before 5 p.m.

I waited an hour to make sure that I knew what I was doing and not making a hasty decision but after thinking and saying a quick prayer, I realized that I wasn't going to change my mind even if I did take until tomorrow and sleep on it. So, I called her back and accepted the job! Yay!

Apparently HR called the principal right then because minutes later I got a call from the principal and she offered me the job as well. I told her I was very interested and she was a little surprised and asked if I needed to talk with my husband or anything. I told her that HR had already told me about the two offers, I had already talked to my husband and it wasn't a very hard decision because we knew if we got an offer from her that we would take it! She was really happy about that! She told me she was really excited and thanked me. That's right! She thanked me for accepting the offer!

I'm very excited (if you couldn't tell). I will have different struggles next year than this year, but I feel like no matter what I will automatically be a better teacher because I have already done it once!

Anyway, that's my news. I'm so happy right now. I think Derek needs to take me out to dinner!!!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! Isn't that the best feeling? I need to call you so we can celebrate our new jobs together. I made Sam take me out too. :)

    ReplyDelete