We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Derek's Birthday!!!

Today is Derek's birthday! Yay! I love birthdays! Unfortunately, I can't make this day as fun as I would usually like because not only does Derek work all day, but his GMAT class is also tonight so he doesn't get home until 10:30 p.m. It's a little sad, but I did what I could. Derek works up in South Jordan and so today, I drove up there and we had lunch together. It was really fun and really needed. I have never done of that before which made it special but also made me wonder why I hadn't before! I didn't get Derek anything for his birthday this year (because he pretty much used up all of his birthdays and Christmas' for the next two years when we bought that T.V.!!!) but sometimes I think that it's better that way. We had the most wonderful lunch together and I know that sounds a little weird but I think it was a better gift than a movie or something! I don't know though, it wasn't my birthday :)

We are planning to do something fun this weekend and invite people out for dinner or something. We haven't decided yet but hopefully, we can just have a fun night hanging out and celebrating with cake and ice cream! Then, on Sunday, we are going up to my parent's house for a birthday dinner. So, even though today might not be that great, at least we will be able to celebrate it all weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Tell him Happy Birthday from Otto and I! I always love going out for lunch with my hubby. It is such a fun and special treat! I think that would make a GREAT birthday!

    ReplyDelete