We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Monday, February 23, 2009

Odds and Ends

The semester seems to be winding down a bit, and by that I mean that everything is due and I'm pretty stressed! Next week, I only go to class for two days and then on Wednesday, I will be in the fourth grade for four weeks! I'm so excited, but that is why everything is due. I'm grateful for my teachers because if it is due before the practicum, then I won't have to worry about it during or after it, but it still makes it a little stressful. But, I'll be alright. I just keep thinking about looking forward to actually doing something applicable next week so it all seems doable.

Gary (Derek's dad) just told us last night that he is coming into town today. So, that will be lots of fun to spend time with him! I think it is hilarious that even though Derek's family lives in Canada (well, his parent's are the only ones, but still) I see them quite often. I love it! It makes it nice because since my family lives around here, we get to see them a lot so being able to spend time with Derek's family too is awesome!

What else? This weekend was really good. Relaxed but fun. On Friday, Derek and I went out to dinner and then came home and watched T.V. shows that we had recorded that we hadn't gotten a chance to watch yet. Sometimes, I just love spending Friday night at home. It is so relaxing and so nice.

On Saturday, I had to study and take a test. It turned out okay. It was mostly short answer/essay, so I don't know how well I did, but I felt good about it. While I was doing that, Derek was studying for his GMAT test. He takes that on March 14th, the same day I take my Praxis test, so we will both be studying like crazy the next couple of weeks.

After my test, my friend Megan called and we went to the gym. I hadn't been in like, forever, so it was nice. It always makes it much easier to get through when I have a friend there to talk to. Otherwise, I get really bored!

Then, Derek and I went up to Salt Lake for his hockey game. It was playoffs and they have double elimination. Derek's team had already lost last week, so if they lost on Saturday, it would have been their last game. Sadly, they lost. They scored 8 goals, but they still lost. It was okay though. It is sometimes hard on both of us when he has a game every weekend and most of them are really late at night. At least now, we will have more time to do other things that we like. He might sign up for the summer league, though, so we will see how that goes.

Anyway, that's life right now. I don't always feel like my life is that exciting so that's why I haven't been writing as frequently. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, I'll have much cooler things to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment