We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Friday, February 27, 2009

Tender Mercies

Wow. I just feel so blessed today that I must write it down. Today, Derek and I have been so blessed financially. He got a one-time (this year) bonus from work plus raise! Wow! I felt like we were really making it and we have been having an opportunity to start saving and yes...spending less than we earn: what a concept! And now, we are blessed even more. This is just so helpful because I am the type of person who is completely scared of money. I am scared of not having any and I am scared of having too much, meaning, I don't want to live on the streets, but I also don't want to have so much that I spoil my kids and they don't learn the value of hard-work. This bonus and raise, however, is helping me to start freaking out less. I feel like I am learning to balance the two extremes. I'm feeling like I learning how to save so that we don't spend too much and spoil ourselves, but that we can also live free of too much financial worry. What a wonderful place to be in, after only about two years of marriage! That isn't the case for a lot of people, and it makes me feel so incredible blessed. I can't say it enough. I'm sure this entry is completely jumbled and all over the place but I am just so excited and blessed. This is surely a tender mercy from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment