We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ode to Mom

My mom is the best.

I could leave it at that because it truly sums it up completely, but somehow, it just doesn't seem like enough.

My mom is the strongest person I know. She inspires me to be a better person and when I look at her, at her life, at all of the things that she has gone through in this life, I can't help but be in awe that I was chosen to be her daughter. That I was lucky enough to be born to a woman that no one else compares to.

What did I do to deserve and be blessed with such an amazing woman to be my mother.

Sometimes, I don't think that I appreciate my mom like I should. We are very different; quite opposite in some ways, actually, and at times, I can become impatient and insensitive. I wish I could take back all of those times and replace them with how I truly feel about her! She amazes me.

Mom, you truly are the best. I never could have become the woman I am today without your help and guidance. Without your example and unconditional love. You lifted me up in the hardest of times, cried with me, hugged me, and talked with me. You showed me what it means to be a righteous woman, what it means to rely on the Lord, what it means to have strength and courage, and most importantly FAITH.

I appreciate all that you have done for me. All that you wanted to do for me. Everything that you are.

If I can be half the mother that you are to me, my children will be blessed beyond measure. And, luckily, they will have you for a grandmother!

Thank you!

Your Grateful Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment