We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Change

We went to a special sacrament meeting with 3 other wards today because they are creating 2 new wards using people from each of the 4 wards present.

Derek and I are now members of the Grove 8th ward, and I'm not going to lie, I'm a little upset about it. In our old ward, there were two complexes that made up the membership: an apartment complex and a condo/town home complex. Pretty much all of our friends live in the condo/town home complex because if you can imagine, they are much more stable than the apartment complex tenants. We've been here for almost 2 years, so the people we have gotten close to have been there that long which means that they are established in the ward and therefore own a town home.

We literally know NO ONE in our new ward. We tried talking to people and thinking who would be coming with us to the new ward and we could name people, but none of them are friends. None of them are in the same point of life as we are. We just don't connect with any of them.

It's going to be hard. But, I guess change is always hard.

In some ways, I think God might be preparing me for some other change that may come in the near future. Derek and I knew we were going to be moving in August and I knew that I would have a really hard time leaving this ward. Maybe God knew that it would be difficult so he forced it a little earlier so when we actually do move, we will have had some time to get over it and get ready for a new ward.

Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, we will definitely have to adjust to the new change.

One good thing from all of this: we are no longer Sunbeam teachers!!!

1 comment:

  1. that is a big time bummer. I would be totally mad too! but I had to laugh out loud at the sunbeams part. anything is better than that!!

    ReplyDelete