We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Saturday, August 15, 2009

What else is my life about but school?

I tested 14 kids on Friday. It was really fun to meet them all but by the end of the day, I was surprisingly exhausted. Who knew that sitting on my butt testing students would make me so tired? But, I must say that after meeting some of my students, I am getting REALLY excited to teach.

I felt like a teacher on Friday. I felt like I knew what I was doing, and I felt comfortable doing it! I loved meeting the parents and talking to them (except one who looked at me and the first thing she said was, "Wow, you're young!" All I could say was "Thanks" and then quickly change the subject. I got the feeling she didn't really like how young of a teacher I was. Oh well!) because I felt like I connected with a lot of them because there was something to connect about: their kids. I liked talking to the kids and meeting them and kind of getting a feel for what they are like. (I may already have a favorite, even though we aren't supposed to have those, but this kid was hilarious!)

I don't know, I am just way more excited than nervous right now. I hope it lasts until Thursday but even if it doesn't, I know that once I get all those kids in my class, I will be excited again! Anyway, that's the latest.

(Oh yeah, I lost another 1.2 pounds this week! Yay for me!)

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME Court! It is making me jealous. Wish I had a class to meet (stupid Navy). And go you-- 1.2 pounds in a week? Isn't that a lot?

    ReplyDelete