We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weight Loss

So, last April (as in April of 2008), I got really dedicated to going to the gym and eating better. In seven months, I lost about 15 pounds, which doesn't seem like much, but I'm the type of person that doesn't really care how long it takes as long as it gets done. If you do the math, seven months from April is November and Thanksgiving came up and I completely blew it. I got into this mode of thinking that it didn't matter because I had done so well up to that point. I stopped going to the gym and I ate anything I wanted. It was like I hadn't eaten anything in seven months so I just started gorging myself with all the food I ever wanted. Needless to say, I gained all my weight back, pretty fast. Then, I started gaining more than the 15. I told myself that it didn't matter, that I had a husband who loved me no matter what (which is completely true, I'm so grateful!) and I just tried to justify all the bad things I was eating.

Well, that time has come and gone. I've decided (again), that I can't just eat junk food all day every day and feel good about myself. I need to be active and I need to eat healthier because it just makes me feel good! So, I was talking to my mom and decided that I would start going with her to Weight Watchers. I started last Saturday and it has been really good because I'm still eating things that I want; I just eat less of them. Anyway, after 1 week of trying this out, I lost 2.8 pounds! I am so excited. It feels good to see success. That's pretty much all I have right now, but I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, of all the diets out there, it seems like Weight Watchers is the only one that makes sense. Good for you Court!! I remember how amazing you were at Westwood. So you can do it! I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Courtney! I think that its great that you are trying to do things that are healthy! I know from experience that you will feel so awesome about yourself while you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete