We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Parents

I don't know what it is, but I have this major fear of talking to my students' parents. I have to call each one of them today to set up a time that I can test their kids and I have been putting it off forever. I don't want to talk to them...I'd rather talk to their kids! I think part of it might be that I feel a little incompetent when I talk to parents because all of them are older than me. I mean, they do have 4th graders so I get all insecure about being too young and them thinking that I am incompetent. I know it is ridiculous, but it's just how I feel. Maybe I'll treat myself to something if I can call them today, like an ice cream cone. Yeah, that sounds good!

2 comments:

  1. I hate calling parents too. HATE it. Although, I kind of hate calling anybody. Phone person = not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Although for me, I just hate calling people I don't know. I am a perfectly good phone person when you are family or friends, but the pizza guy...no way!

    ReplyDelete