We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Friday, May 2, 2014

A Girl and Her Teddy Bear--2 Months

Baby girl is 2 months old already.  Where the time goes, I never know! It's been a good month.  The weather's (kind of) changing, Sam has gotten used to having baby around so there have been less gauging eyes out and hitting, and Maya's just as perfect as she's always been!

*Edit* As of her 2 month appointment, Maya weighs 11 lbs 10 oz.  



Sam had to get in on the action


I put Maya down to go upload the photos and Samantha brought the teddy next to her and also put the blanket on her so "she doesn't get cold!" What a dear sister she is!

Maya definitely smiles a lot more now.  Daddy can get her to smile (and even do a little giggle) the best by doing bicycle legs with her.  She loves that!

She's starting to have a lot to say.  Her little coos melt my heart.  I love this part of this age.  I love how she's starting to interact with us.  It's so sweet.  

Maya's still a great sleeper, only eating once during the night.  She typically goes to sleep for the night any time between 8-9 and I'll dream feed her at 10:30-11.  Then, she'll wake up at 3-4 and then not wake for the morning until 7.  It's pretty doable.  She's also stopped needing me to put her soother in all the time throughout the night.  Occasionally, she'll wake up prematurely, so I'll just stick it in there and go back to bed.  

We switched her to her bassinet at 6 weeks and she made the transition beautifully.  In fact, she sleeps better there than anywhere.  

She has put herself to sleep since we brought her home and that is very helpful.  I just swaddle her and put her down with her soother and she just drifts off to sleep by herself.  Love it.  

She's still eating every 3-31/2 hours, which is very helpful for me.  It means I can get a lot of things done, which has helped with my mental health!!


Trip to Costco!


She's getting really good at holding her head up, so I thought I'd try her in the Boba carrier.  


First time in the bumbo.


Sisters



It got warm for a whole of 2 days, and we very much took advantage of it. (It's snowing as I type...)


Outfit courtesy of my mom.  So adorable. 


Had to get a closeup of these adorable shoes.  You can't tell because Maya's feet are still too small, but they're little sandals.  It's supposed to be a little peek-a-boo shoe.  

We're hoping the weather goes back to being nice so we can spend more time in the sunshine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment