We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Girl and Her Elephant--8 Months

Well, it looks like on Samantha's 9 month birthday, I'll be catching up and doing two posts again. Sorry for that.  Luckily, I take the pictures, but unfortunately, I'm terrible at uploading and writing the posts.  But, here are her pictures from when she was 8 months:



We have a VERY busy girl as you'll see from the following pictures.  She is SO MUCH FUN right now.  I just can't stand it!


Behind the table, playing with cords, no pants...mom of the year award, right?


I love this picture for some reason.  It captures her exploring/questioning/observing nature!


This is how our daughter has decided to sleep.  The first time she slept like this, it was face down...completely in the mattress.  I was so scared she couldn't breathe, I couldn't sleep for like 2 hours!


Dressed up for church!


This and the following are like perfect pictures that capture Samantha as we know her.  Always on the move, always exploring!


Oops, dropped my soother.


Hey mom!  You're still there?


I think I can still reach it without letting go of the windowsill!


Look Mom!  I got it!  I'm so clever!

From 7 to 8 months, Samantha sure did grow.  She started doing some CRAZY things.  She stopped army crawling and starting full-on knee crawling.  And she is a SPEED DEMON!!!  She just takes off!  She's always been a mover, but now that she can get around wherever she wants with ease, pull herself up onto everything, she's never still!

She started waving during this month too!  At first, we didn't realize that was what she was doing because she only did it when daddy came home, and it was with both arms.  We thought it was her little excited dance.  But then, she started doing it with one hand to other people, so we realized she was waving.  It amazes me how kids learn to do things.  I don't think Derek and I ever waved at her before. We say "hi" all the time, but I don't think we ever actually showed her the wave.  Maybe when she'd meet other people when we were out and about, they'd do it, but that couldn't have been many times.  Even still, she learned to do it.  Goes to show that kids meet milestones with or without help.  

We started getting severe separation anxiety this month.  Mainly when I had to leave the room or give her to someone else when she just wanted me.  Most of the time, I LOVE IT!!!  There's nothing better than your baby only wanting you and getting upset when you aren't there.  It shows me how much she loves me, and I love that!  Other times, it can get a little obnoxious, though!  Like, if I have to put her down to get things done.  I can be in the same room, but she might not be able to see me, and it's like the END OF THE WORLD!!!  Oh well, I'll just take advantage of the fact that she wants me and only me.  That won't be true forever!

Along with the separation anxiety came the object permanence.  She knows now that when she can't see something it still exists (hence, the crying when I'm out of sight).  This poses a problem when she gets her hands on something she isn't supposed to have.  If we take it away and try to hide it from her, she knows what we're doing and cries for it.  She also plays the "drop things and hope you pick them up game" over and over again.  I try not to get impatient because I know she's just learning and relearning that the object still exists after dropping it, but sometimes we have to end that game a little early!  

Love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment