We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Girl and Her Elephant--4 Months

Yes, yes, I know.  Samantha is almost 5 months old now, but I took pictures with her and the elephant on her 4 month birthday, and I've been keeping a journal for her, so I think I can update her 4th month pretty easily.  And then we'll update it again in a week or so!



Baby girl is getting big.  At her 4 month appointment, she weighed in at 12 lbs 2 oz.  When the nurse told us the weight, we made her do it again because we couldn't believe it.  That was only 12 ounces bigger than last month and we thought she had grown SO BIG!!!  I thought for sure she was at least 13-14 pounds.  Nope, she's still a little thing, but healthy which is all I could ask for.  She's 25th percentile in weight and 75th in height.  Her weight/height ratio is still about 3rd percentile.  So, she's super tall and skinny.  Where did she get that?  Not from me, that's for sure! :) Must be Lee gene!

We took a trip to Utah and Las Vegas in April.  Judi was nice enough to drive down with me.  We blessed the baby in my mom's ward (blessing pictures are coming, I promise!) and we also went down to Las Vegas for an Arbonne conference.






I can't believe how well she did.  She rolled with the punches and it was amazing.  I mean, she slept during the night shows and concerts at the Arbonne conference.  What a good baby!  But, with all that traveling, her schedule did get a bit out of whack.  Sharing hotel rooms and living with my parents for a couple weeks meant that I fed her every time she made a peep during the night.  Which also meant that she got a little dependent on that.  So she was wanting to eat even when she wasn't hungry.  It made for some pretty sleepless nights for the both of us.

Another milestone: she learned how to roll to her stomach.  The day we got to Utah, Matt and I videotaped her for about 15 minutes wanting to capture her first rollover!  The second I put the camera away, she did it!  We got it on tape, I think on her 3rd go around and now she's a pro!  Unfortunately, she has since forgotten how to roll back so she'll often get very frustrated when she's been on her stomach for too long and can't roll back!

She also started loving toys way more.  She can now grab them, hold them, study them and put them in her mouth.  She loves it.

Love this girl!


We finally got a stretching picture! What a drama-queen!


Cutest outfit EVER!


She HATES sitting in her bumbo!


Getting ready for church with daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment