We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Girl and Her Elephant--3 Months!

Be prepared for a picture-filled blog post!  We've got lots!




She's getting so big!  I can't believe that she is already 3 months old.  It has gone by so fast, and I know it will just go faster and faster.  Why hasn't anyone found a way to slow down time?

At her 3 month check-up this morning, Sam weighed in at 11 lbs 6 oz. She wasn't measured, but by the way those pants are fitting in the pictures above, I'd say she's grown in both directions!

It's crazy how fast she is learning and growing.  I feel like every month I could write a novel.  That's why I've decided to start a journal for Samantha.  My goal is to write in it every day, or nearly every day because it seems so much can happen even in that short amount of time.  Plus, it gets really hard to remember everything when I come update this blog every month.  So far, I've been doing her journal for a week.  I am hopeful I can keep it up!  

1) Samantha is smiling and cooing more than ever now.  Often, she can be in any type of mood and I can usually get a smile out of her.  Love it!  In fact, one time she was crying because she was overly tired.  I looked down at her and smiled and she stopped crying to smile back.  It didn't last long, but I loved it!

2) We've also heard her giggle about 3 times now.  It's usually very surprising to all of us!  

3) She's doing so well with her sleeping.  For the last 4 nights, she has slept 8 hours!  And last night, I didn't even have to get up to give her the soother.  She really slept through the night!  She's always been a great sleeper and I don't know what I'll do if we ever have a baby that doesn't sleep well.  She's definitely spoiled us!

4) Since she was 2 months, she could roll over from her tummy to her back.  She can still do that, but recently, she started rolling onto her side from her back.  Yesterday, she was trying to reach her soother and ALMOST rolled over from her back to her stomach!  That dang arm of hers got in the way.  It could still be awhile before she does it, but I thought a close encounter required some reporting! :)

5) About the time she started rolling to her side, she discovered her feet.  She LOVES grabbing at them!  

6) She also loves studying her hands.  She'll put them in front of her face and go all cross-eyed looking at them.  

7) She's still the best baby in the world.  We were able to go see Hunger Games with her and she was an angel throughout.  It wasn't the most stress-free movie I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it and she was really good.  I might not do it for every movie I want to see, but this one seemed to be an exception.  

We love our baby!  Enjoy the pictures! 



Standing up!  She's so strong!


I looked away for a minute and when I looked back, she had this hoola-hooped this around her arm! Clever girl!


Smiley baby!


Typical


C'mon now.  Cutest baby EVER?  I think so!


With her 2nd cousin Ava who was born exactly 1 month after Sam.  So cute!


Rolling to her side. 


The Easter bunny brought her a basket.  He brought her an Easter dress and 2 stuffed animals!  Actually the Eeyore was from Grandma Lee but it got stuffed in there with everything else. 


Samantha in her Easter dress!  Isn't she adorable?


Full ensemble.  Tights and an Easter headband .


Sleepy girl!


Grandma Lee bought her this duck costume!  So cute!


Quack! Quack!
Love her to pieces!

Happy Easter (yesterday) everyone.  

Happy 3 month birthday to my baby girl!

Happy birthday to my sister-in-law Chelsea.

And...

Happy BIRTHday to my new nephew...no-named (yet) Farr born this morning.  Can't wait to meet you! 

2 comments:

  1. She is such a darling little girl!! What a joy she must be in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute, I see both of you in her! Can't wait to hold her and kiss those sweet little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete