We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Girl and Her Elephant--5 months

I really need to get back on track with this thing so I'm not always playing "catch-up."  But, here are baby Samantha's 5 month pictures.  She'll be 6 months in a little over 2 weeks.  Crazy talk!



I had my first "real" Mother's Day this year, although I was about 5 weeks pregnant with baby Samantha last year.  I must say, I kind of like Mother's Day.  For how hard it has been in the past, it was that much better this year.  And Derek sure made it special!  I really appreciated it.

I also felt for my friends who are still dealing with their infertility issues.  My heart goes out to them as I know how difficult it is.  I don't know why God makes some wait longer than others, but I do know that it changes the person you become.  It has definitely changed the mother that I am.  I am so much more grateful than I think I would have been.  And Mother's Day is so much more meaningful to me.  Here are a few pictures of Samantha and me on Mother's Day:


She looked so precious, don't you think?

Samantha finally got to meet her Auntie Carolyn, Uncle Jeff and cousin Elizabeth!  They came to visit us in Canada and we got to do some fun things!  We went to the park, the zoo, swimming, and then we finished off their trip by traveling to Kelowna, B.C. where we got to do more fun things (unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures because other people had cameras and got them all, but hopefully I can get my hands on them soon!)  Here's a few pictures from our swim trip to Southland Leisure Center (or Centre if you're Canadian ;)








Baby girl also got a cold for the first time this month.  It was sad, but it also wasn't that bad.  For the first day or so she had red, tired eyes and a runny nose.  She never got a fever, but that runny nose/stuffy nose lasted for about 1 1/2 weeks.  We got her some saline drops so she could still eat and we put the humidifier on in her room and she did really well.  She was a bit fussier that first day or so but that's to be expected.  It made me sad that she was so sick and I couldn't do much to help her.  Glad that's over!

We've still got the sweetest little baby alive!  She's been having a harder time sleeping (it's really been since we got back from Utah (2 months ago...) but recently it's gotten a bit better.  Hopefully soon she'll let us get some much-needed sleep!  

I'm going to try and post some videos (from the time she was born because I still haven't figured out how to upload them yet...not like I've tried that hard though) and some of the pictures from the photo shoot we just took yesterday!  Keep coming back for more!  I really should change the name of this blog to have something to do with Samantha because that's all I seem to talk about!  She must be pretty important! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment