We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Graduation

I keep telling myself that I will update this thing about Spring Break and spending it with Jeff and Carolyn and baby Elizabeth. But, that requires me to upload all my pictures and quite frankly, I'm lazy! I will get to it eventually (because we really did have a good time) but there is something else on my mind right now...

Graduation.

I graduate on Friday. I don't really feel all that excited because I haven't been in school for a year now but it does make me think about what I'm going to do next year.

I just had an interview with Canyons School District. Last year, Jordan School District split and CSD is the "richer" of the two districts. While Jordan is firing, Canyons is hiring. So, obviously, I would rather work for a district that I have a bit more chances of staying as long as possible.

The interview went really well. It was a screening interview meaning I will be put in the candidate pool for any position available. The interviewer was really impressed with me and seemed interested in helping me get a job with Canyons. I would love to work for Canyons because I think they are going places and they seem to have the same philosophies that I have.

But, I would rather stay in Alpine. I feel like I have a foot in the door here but I don't know. I hope I have the choice, but obviously, I will take whatever I can get. But most importantly, I hope I can get something.

We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how it goes! Guess what? I GOT A JOB!!! I am so thrilled. I am real teacher at last. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Graduation! I can't wait to walk with you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on graduating! I'm sure you'll find a great job.

    ReplyDelete