We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday!

We had a pretty fun day on Samantha's first birthday.  When she woke up, we went to the Science Center with Grandma Lee.  I had never been there and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was for a 1 year old.  I'll for sure have to go back, and maybe even buy a season pass for these cold wintry days.  I think Sam would enjoy it!

When we got home, she took her nap, while I frantically tried to finish up cupcakes for her party.  These were just for the adults.  She got her own cake.  The cupcakes were a little too rich for a kids first-ish bite of sugary treats.

When she woke up, she had some lunch and then we ran over to Safeway to buy her cake.  I could lie to you all and say I made the cake she ate, but if you really knew me, you'd know.  I saw these cute little cakes at Safeway made just for kids and it was the perfect little size for her to have a cake all to herself.  See the pictures below!

As we were in the parking lot of Safeway, I looked down at the dashboard and it said 3:19 p.m. I took a little moment to remember exactly one year previous, at 3:19 p.m. when baby Samantha entered this world.  It was a special moment from the day.

That night we had a pretty low-key birthday party.  Just us and her grandma and grandpa Lee.  I didn't want to get all overwhelmed with the pinteresty 1st birthday parties and the extravagance that comes with it, so we kept it simple.  Dinner and cake and opening presents.  It was a good party.

Enjoy the pictures!




Getting ready to go to the Science Center


So Cute!


Splashing in the water


Learning to hula hoop


I want more rocks to throw on the ground!


Toddler jungle gym


Space filled with empty jugs.


Birthday dinner.  Mmmm.  Tortellini!


Conversing with grandpa. 


The cake I made!


She wasn't too sure at first.  She was trying to get the stickiness off her fingers.  Once I gave her a taste...well, you'll see. 


This is good!


Digging in. 


Mmmmm!


Om nom nom...


nom nom nom


Not sure what this face is. 

I know it's cliche, but I can't believe it's been a year.  I know all the other years will fly by just as fast! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it's a year already! She is such an adorable baby....we just love her!

    ReplyDelete