We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Sunday, January 8, 2012

55 Hours and Counting

Labor for 55 hours? Yep, that's right. That's how Courtney and Samantha like to do things!

Yesterday was an interesting day. We walked around our neighborhood for about 2 hours. I came home and took a shower. We ate lunch. Then we went to Derek's parents house to watch a movie (I thought it might be a good idea to walk on their elliptical while watching as well...) Throughout this time, contractions were still occurring, but they were still pretty inconsistent. Like 5-8 minutes apart. Lasting 1 minute to 1:30. Painful, but doable.

As we were watching the movie (Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1 for those who were wondering), the contractions started picking up again. Closer together and MUCH more painful. They were lasting anywhere from 1:30 to 2 minutes and they were 2-4 minutes apart. This lasted probably 45 min to an hour. It wasn't fun, but I thought that this had to be it. I was wrong...again! We went back to the hospital (3rd times a charm, right), and I was 100% effaced but 1-2 cm dilated. AHHH!!! I was very tired, very disappointed, and very emotional. They sent me home. (I should really learn how to figure this stuff out...)

Last night was NOT fun. I couldn't sleep at all! I probably fell asleep after contractions but they were coming every 6-8 minutes (AGAIN...) and lasting just as long, so it wasn't really sleep. I took 3 hot baths last night. These were my life savers! Each time, it seemed to take the contractions away and I was able to sleep in the tub. Not the most comfortable sleep I've ever gotten, but it was sleep and I needed it. So, all in all, I probably got 2-3 hours of sleep last night.

*Just a digression, but WHY in the world does your body not let you get the sleep you need when it knows that you are going to be doing the most exhausting work in the next few hours (or in my case days or weeks:))? Plus, after she's here, I won't sleep either. I am already EXHAUSTED and I haven't really done anything yet. Awesome! *

So anyway, that's where we stand. I'm having to mentally prepare myself that Derek might go back to work tomorrow (why should he stay home during "early labor" when NOTHING is happening?) and I may go to my scheduled Dr. appt. on Wednesday. Heck, we might even get induced on Saturday like we had originally planned...

This baby is just having too much fun in there!

This mama is not having too much fun out here!

I guess we will continually keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment