We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Move

So, we are moving. Yep. Moving. To Canada.

I'm actually really excited about it but there are a lot of things to do and to worry about before we can up and move to another country.

For Derek, it's quite easy since he's a citizen there still. For me, not so much. I have to do all that fun immigration stuff that we had to do with Derek when we first got married. Another thousand bucks just to submit an application. AWESOME!!! Luckily, it's a bit easier to immigrate to Canada than it is to the U.S. I'm actually quite surprised that not more people go straight to Canada instead of the U.S.

Oh yeah, that's right. It's because it's FREEZING up there! I am not looking forward to winters in Calgary!

But, overall, I really am excited. It's going to be quite an adventure for us. We are probably going to buy our first home which we couldn't have done for awhile. But, mainly, I'm really just excited for the idea of settling down. We don't know how long we will stay there, but Derek's scored a really great job up there and so it is our plan to stay there until or if something better comes up.

We've never really had that mentality anywhere else before. We always knew we would stay in Provo until I graduated. Then we moved to Pleasant Grove and knew we would only stay there until Derek went back to school (which is most likely not going to happen now that he has this job...at least not for awhile) or we found another way to get out of Utah (nothing against Utah, we just knew we didn't want to end up here). This is the first time that we are moving somewhere without an escape plan. And, I like that. I'm excited about that.

So, now you all know. We better be getting lots of visitors up there! It really is one of the most beautiful places ever. Come in the summer so you'll want to come back!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is big news! It sounds like it's a good change for you guys. I hope everything goes smoothly with the move and getting settled into your new life!

    ReplyDelete