We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Okay Days

I feel like there are three types of days that I can have while working in the kindergarten. The first is a great day where I feel like everything went as planned and the students were really good behaviorally. I come home feeling energetic and happy. The second is an okay day. There were some issues with some of the students and I had to stop a lot to get the kids back with me and I come home feeling exhausted but I'm not hating life. Then there's the last kind of day: a really bad day, where nothing goes right, the kids are never with me the whole day so I don't get to teach anything and I come home feeling like the worlds worst teacher! Fortunately, I don't have many of the latter. Since I started, I have probably only had one or two of those days. Unfortunately, I also don't have many of the former either, but I have had quite a few. I'm usually having just an exhausted day. You might think that that would make me unhappy, but luckily it doesn't. Even though I am so exhausted and Derek usually finds me asleep after he comes home from work, I still feel accomplished. I still feel like I put in a hard days work and at least some things went well. I'm glad I can have that perspective, especially because this group of kids has been so hard to deal with. If I can just have those okay days, I at least know I am making some sort of difference whether it be large or small. So, all in all, I'm content! Let's just hope I continue having the good and okay kinds of days!

1 comment:

  1. You know what -- you should definitely feel accomplished. Sometimes, days are not good, they're just..."well, that didn't go terribly" -- and that's okay! Good for you for having such a good attitude about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete