We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Girl and Her Elephant--24 Months

This will be the last of the Girl and Her Elephant posts.  I figured we'd stop when she turned 2 and start up again with another stuffed toy for baby girl #2 coming in February!  Who knows if Samantha will be left out, though, so it might be two sisters and their elephant or something like that...






I can't believe this girl is 2.  Man, the time has flown by.  I have so enjoyed being her mom these past two years.  Yes, she can be mighty trying at times, but for the most part, she is the sweetest, smartest, perfect little being.  And I get to call her my daughter.  What an honor!

Not only does Sam know all the (upper case) letters and can (for the most part) sing her ABC's, she can also count to 10.  Smarty pants.  She can sing the first 2 lines of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star without missing a word and once guided on the next few words, can pick it up and sing the rest of it too.  It's so cute to hear her little voice singing songs, although most of the time she'd rather "Mommy do it" or "Daddy sing it."  Her favorite songs right now are ABC's, Twinkle, Baa Baa White Sheep, Eensy Weensy Spider, and I am a Child of God.  In the middle of the store the other day, she just exclaimed, "GOD!" Only I knew that she wanted me to sing her the song.  To everyone else, well, I'm not sure what they thought! Haha!

Sam likes to know everyone's "real" names.  She'll call me "Corny" and daddy "Derek." She knows Grandma Lee is Judi and Grandpa is "Gary" and she's very good at saying them.

She regressed a bit on the potty training during the holidays, but we got her back on track once everything was settled and we were back to a normal routine.  She still doesn't go #2 on the potty and I haven't quite figured out how to get her to do it since she always poos after her nap or after she wakes up in the morning (before I hear anything from her).  So, I'm not too worried about it, but I guess it means that she's not technically potty trained in some people's minds.  Oh well.  She's still barely 2!

She started "preschool" 2 days before her birthday.  It's a 1 hour class once a week for 2-3 year olds. I put her in it because I felt like she needed some time away from me, plus it's a lot more fun than anything I ever do with her, plus I wanted an hour a week to do what I want, plus I thought she'd thrive in a setting like this.  It was everything I thought it would be.  She LOVED it!  She didn't have a hard time with me leaving (she "cried" for a little bit but that's because I didn't give her kisses, only hugs.  Once she got her kisses, it was like "See ya, Mom!") and apparently she did really well at all the things they did.  Her teacher was impressed at her ability to use the glue sticks and how easily she adjusted to being there.  I credit nursery for that last part!

I can never think of everything once I sit down to write this.  I should be better at writing things down as they happen so it isn't so hard each month!  But, I think this is all for now!


Making and painting an "ornament" although it is quite large and heavy.  At least we have her handprint from when she was almost two!


Christmas dress


"Sledding" on grandma's driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment