We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Potty Training Day #6

It's been 6 days, and I'm pretty confident that Samantha has potty training down.  Yes, she'll most likely have more accidents in her little life, and I have a good feeling she might have a hard time going in public restrooms and such, but as for here and now at home, she's pretty good.

One thing I have learned, is she is much less stressed if I'm not in the room with her.  She'll tell me she has to go every time and I'll help her in the room, but then I have to find an excuse to leave her.  Usually that means I have to go get her something, like a chocolate chip... If Derek or I am in the room with her, she won't go.  So, that was a good thing to find out.

As for today, she has gone twice in the potty and had 1 accident, but I blame myself for the accident.  She was in her high chair and said she needed to go but I wasn't quick enough, because I thought I might have enough time to get her cleaned up before she went.  I was wrong.  It was my fault.

I'm very excited to have a potty trained kid!

The next step will be to leave the house more.  It might be kind of hard since she likes to be left alone, but I won't really be able to in public.  Plus, she's using her own potty and it's a hassle to haul one around.  I'm afraid she won't use a big potty.  She gets a little scared of falling in, and I can't blame her, because I'm kind of afraid of it too with her being so little.

Anyway, I appreciate your kind words of encouragement, as that was (and I'm sure I'll still have my days) one of the hardest things I've done.  I'm sure it was one of the hardest things Samantha has done as well.  It was stressful in the beginning, but it has paid off.


No comments:

Post a Comment