We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pinterest For the Win!!!

So, Derek and I spent last night and today building something that I saw on Pinterest and REALLY wanted to make.  I just thought that it was a brilliant way to use space that no one ever thinks about.  You can see the original pin here

So, Friday we went to Home Depot and bought all the stuff.  We stayed pretty true to the original blogger's plan and shopping list, although we had to alter it a bit to fit our measurements.

Friday night Derek built the frame and put the castors on.  We realized that we had cut the dowels too short, so we knew another trip to Home Depot was in our future.  But, it was late, so this was all he could have done anyway!


Isn't he cute?


In its future home.  

Saturday, Derek went back to home depot to get more dowels cut to the correct length.  He put those bad boys in as well as the backing.  

Next, it was my turn.  I got to do all of the painting.  I would have painted the back like the pin shows, but we had to have our backing cut into 2 pieces to fit it in our car, so I figured it would be too much of a hassle to paint it anything fun.  So, we opted for white.  Boring, but it works!



We put it in its home and then Derek put the handle on.  



The final step was to fill it all up!  It saves so much room in our pantry!  Next job will be to organize that in a way that is easily keep-up-able!



It wasn't just a Pinterest building weekend either.  Can't have a Pinterest weekend without some Pinterest recipes!

I made some "Costco" almond poppyseed muffins this morning.  Definitely not Costco muffins, but they were delicious!  Since Costco in Canada doesn't sell the poppyseed muffins (at least I've never found them), these will have to do!!!




For lunch, we had leftovers, but I did originally find the recipe off of Pinterest.  We had Cafe Rio pork quesadillas.  Yum!

And, for dinner, I made some delicious panini sandwiches.  




Can I just say how much Pinterest has changed my life?  We have a love/hate relationship sometimes, but when it's love, it is true love!

1 comment:

  1. WOW well done! Way to be productive!!! I've been eyeing up that beside the fridge shelf for a while, nice work!

    ReplyDelete