We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Saturday, February 9, 2013

SURPRISE!!!

Derek turned 30 on Feb. 3.  I had been wanting to throw him a surprise party since September, so I did.

And it was a complete success.

Either he is a little on the dense side or I am a really good liar and could get away with a LOT more, because I told some pretty funny lies.

I was planning to do all the last minute stuff on Friday but somehow I really hurt my back and was down for the count.  Derek had to stay home to watch Samantha so my plans were shot.  It made for some interesting lies.  Like, how do I leave with 4L of ice cream?  How do I explain a GIANT cake from Costco for the two of us?  How do I then get that giant cake into the car to take to the party when he thinks we're going out to a fancy restaurant?  I don't know how I pulled it off.  I must be a lie-telling genius!


Look of happy surprise



I got you!


Samantha was also surprised, but not as thrilled as Daddy!


Lovely guests at the party, waiting to surprise him. 


More guests enjoying themselves.  Especially Jason.


Samantha helping daddy blow out the candles.  

Happy 30th, Derek!  Hope it's a day you'll remember forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment