We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Idea

I have this really great idea, or at least I think it's really great, to get a book club thing going with my students.

I've been in a book club for the last several months and because of that, I have been using goodreads.com a lot more. I love putting books that I've read, am currently reading, or want to read. I love writing reviews for the books I have read but most importantly, I love reading other people's recommendations and reviews. That's what helps me know what I want to read next.

I would love to find a website just like goodreads so students can join our class "group" and review and recommend books to their peers. The problem is, the website has to be kid-friendly. Goodreads requires an email which my students don't have, and there is an age limit of 13. I agree with this because I don't want my 4th graders to be able to find certain books and reviews. Too adult for them!

The only website I have found that gives me what I want is spaghettibookclub.com. The only thing is, there's a fee. I've asked how much, but no one has emailed me back yet.

Does anyone know of a website like this? One without a fee? Or, is there anyone who wants to create a website for me? :) I know everyone who reads this blog has SO much time on their hands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment