We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Best Week Ever!

Let's start with yesterday. I signed up for this class awhile back and yesterday was the first day. It was scheduled to be 8 hours long so I was, in some ways, dreading it. Even though I knew I would like what I was learning, who wants to spend 8 hours the day before Valentine's Day in class. Let me tell you...if every class is as good as this one, everyone would want to spend 8 hours every Saturday. It was amazing. It is a Writer's Workshop class that will help me teach writing better. Writing is one of those subjects that is really hard for me to teach. I just never knew where to start and how to keep it going all year. I really don't think that will be a problem anymore. The 8 hours flew by and I was hoping that it would go longer. It was that good! I came home and Derek wasn't home but when he did come home, he had beautiful roses for me! What a great husband!

This next week is going to be just as wonderful! Tomorrow is President's Day so we have no school! I am planning to get together with another intern to work on our Teacher Work Samples. It's just this really big project that BYU makes all student teachers and interns complete that's not really that hard, just a bit more time-consuming than regular teaching. Most of it I do anyway, but I don't typically write up reports with graphs about results and stuff but it shouldn't be too bad. I also have to spend some time making some sub-plans because I am not going to be at school Tuesday-Friday either. Want to know why?

We are going to Cabo! Cabo San Lucas, that is. We are going with Derek's parents. We leave Wednesday morning so technically I could've taught on Tuesday but I thought, Hey, why teach one day when I could just take the whole week off? So, I did! There aren't too many plans once we get to Mexico, but I am looking forward to spending some time reading on the beach! Don't worry...I completely understand if you're jealous!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I didn't know you guys were going with them! That will be so much fun! I had so much fun reading on the beach when I was down there! Enjoy it! Reading on the beach is a REAL vacation!

    ReplyDelete