We Are Fami-Lee

We Are Fami-Lee

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Houston

I don't know why, but I feel like I have to write a lot whenever I blog. I think that might be one reason I don't write that often: I don't always have THAT much to say. So here's something brief:

Derek has been in Houston since Sunday. It has been harder than I anticipated. It's weird how when Derek is home, I can fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. But now, since he's not next to me, I lie awake for hours. I mean, I slept by myself for much longer than I have slept next to someone. It shouldn't be that hard to get used to.

He comes home tomorrow, which isn't soon enough. My question: how do people whose spouses are in the military or something, how do they do it? Because, quite frankly, I'm really sad, and it's only for 5 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will tell you how we do it. We cry. We write letters and emails. We try to stay busy. But honestly, the first week is the hardest, and that is what most non-military people ever have to do. After a week or two, you find a sort of "routine" that makes it easier. Sorry he is gone!!! Wish I was there to distract you. :) WITH RIO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way when Marc has to be away, which fortunately for me has only been maybe two nights in the entire seven and a half years we've been married. I don't know how others do it! It's good to be reminded of simple blessings to be grateful for. Yay for his return tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete